Monday, December 1, 2008

Little Helper

Since this was our first Thanksgiving at home, we decided to start some traditions that would make it fun for the kids. We made homemade butter, collected leaves and twigs to make a banner, made indian corn napkin rings, and our own cornucopia place settings. Sam was there to help me all day...he's my cooking buddy. We made apple pie and strawberry pretzel salad, rolls, and sweet potato casserole....oh, and turkey, of course! I couldn't have done it without my little helper. Spencer and Nicole were here to celebrate, and we're so glad, because it wouldn't have been as fun without them.
I was so overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for the small and simple things: our health, our home, our freedom to worship as we choose, and for the knowledge of who we are and why we're here; for family and dear friends, for changing seasons, a warm bed to sleep in at night, and for the jobs we have that allow us to provide for our family. I'm thankful for all this and so much more!
Charlie rocked us all on the drums!

He entertained us through dinner by singing The ItsyBitsy Spider again and again and again!

5 comments:

andreamichelle said...

You have such cute boys!Your thanksgiving sounds like it was really nice.

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving. Your boys are growing up so fast!

JoMama said...

What great traditions you started! You always have such great ideas!
Your boys are so dang cute!!

am and fm said...

Wow...what a seriously FUN Thanksgiving! Can we come next year? I have no thanksgiving traditions...we'll make ours coming to your house:)

KristiKay said...

That would be SO fun...I'd love to have you guys here...I'm serious!