I was talking to my sister-in-law this morning about my dishes...they are like a dragon I cannot slay. They never go away...no matter how many times I clean them! I'm trying to find purpose in it...but really, it does no good. It's probably the plight of every housewife (that and laundry), so I shouldn't complain. I guess I just have to choose to be happy while doing them...ha ha! I look forward to the day when I can assign dish duty to my kids; now that's something to be happy about! And won't they make cute little dish
6 comments:
Yes! Very cute dishwashers, send them on over to my house for loads of dishwashing fun!
I am so excited to be invited to your blog and catch up with you and your sweet family! Yeah, it totally made my day!
adorable dish washers, yes absolutely.
i'm so glad you added the laundry! sometimes i wonder why i even fold it and put it away....
I agree, moms have these never-finished jobs and it weighs heavily on our sense of accomplishment. It's so easy to procrastinate them until the jobs really do become monsters. For me, I have tried hard to not own more dishes and laundry than I need (I need to go through everything again, things build up so quickly). Also, just let it be kind of a zen moment, so many things moms have to do don't take much mental effort, let your mind rest or let it be active and creative as you work - but if you make an effort to see those mindless chores as your chance to think or not think, well, I actually enjoy folding laundry (sometimes).
Kristi - I totally her you on the dishes plight. Laundry for me is even worse!!! My kids are to the age where they can unload and load the dishwasher, so that's absolutely wonderful! As for cleaning the counters and sinks,......not so good! Just this week I was looking at a fun cleaning website (flylady), I've done it in the past, and felt like I was very organized. Now I'm trying to get going on it again, it's that darn motivation problem! haha. Anyways, you should check it out, it seems like alot at first, but I loved it after awhile! Just google flylady, I'm not sure exactly what the website is. Well, I could just keep going forever, we clearly need a visit!!! Hope your summer's going good, my kids go back to school in 2 weeks! It will just be me and Oliver...........You should come visit! Okay, I really need to sign off now, it's probably illegal to leave this long of a post. Take care! Betsy
Hey Kristi, I am so excited you are blogging. It will be fun to stay in better touch with each other.
The only time I find happiness in doing dishes is when they are all done. That only seems to last moments before things start piling up again. I guess I need a few dishwashers too! :)
Jen Allen
LOL, I love to hear you complain because you're so perfect at keeping your house nice!!! If only I was half as good as you are...
Dishes are the worst; I don't mind laundry as much (esp since I stopped folding underwear...tmi?)
So glad you started a blog so I can keep up with you and your cute kids!
Post a Comment