My parents came to visit. We got to have lots of grandma and grandpa time..my brother, Taylor, and his family also came.

Good luck getting them to all look at the camera at the same time
Fun with GrandmaWe went to Lagoon for the company party


Sam started his first day of preschool...we HAD to get a picture of his cool backpack and homework binder we made with Grandma's new Cricut machine.


We had a new niece born the beginning of September...isn't she sweet...and can you believe that hair? We also got to have a nice visit with my in-laws!
We had a new niece born the beginning of September...isn't she sweet...and can you believe that hair? We also got to have a nice visit with my in-laws!
I can't believe that Fall is here again! I can't resist baking at this time of year, so I'm going to share one of my favorite Fall recipes...I made it this week and it was very quickly eaten up by us all....hope you love it as much as I do!
Prairie Honey Pumpkin Bread (I don't remember where I got this!)
Prairie Honey Pumpkin Bread (I don't remember where I got this!)
3 1/2 c. flour, 2 tsp. soda, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 T. cinnamon, 1 T. nutmeg, 2c. sugar
Combine all these dry ingredients together. Add:
3/4 c. honey, 1/2 c. water, 1 c. canola oil, 2/3 c. pumpkin, and 4 lg. eggs
Mix until smooth and add, if desired:
1 c. chopped pecans, 1/2 cup golden raisins (regular are fine, too), and 1/2 c dried cherries (You can make the bread plain and it's still very good)
Pour into 2 loaf pans and bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy!!!
7 comments:
I really liked this post. It's nice to hear from you. I thought the cake you made was beautiful when I saw it on Jennies site. Artists always know all the flaws of their work, but I think the cake turned out gorgous!
It's good to hear from you again! Sounds like you've had quite a fun September. I can't believe how big your boys are. And I'm jealous that you can send Sam to Morgan when I can't send Clark! ;) Good luck with the baby coming. Three is a handful - but fun!
Beautiful cake, way cute kids, looks like plenty of fun times to report :) I miss our walk/talks we'll have to start it again after babies and when it is warm of course!
Thanks Kristi!!! You may think you have nothing to report - but to us it's exciting! Wow - I can't get over Sam. He has grown so much! I loved seeing the picture of your mom - she always makes me smile. Love your cake, you are so talented, I may have to schedule you for a visit around my kids birthday! I can't get over your niece's hair - she is darling! Just think in a few weeks that will be you with a darling girl...I can't wait. Okay, this is comment is probably a tad too long...just know that I LOVE you and appreciate you putting this on (although that was a far cry from chewing you out...it made me laugh!) love ya!
So good to hear from you again! When is that baby due? The cake looks great! We are having another one too in Jan...a little girl again...we are thrilled, but nervous so you have to post and tell me all about the three world:) I loved seeing your family...some of the girl cousins look a lot like you and your sister! So fun!!
I loved the post too. It was nice seeing pictures of some of the activities I had heard about.
Kristi, that cake was beautiful. Even if I looked close enough I wouldn't have seen anything wrong. You are so talented, so loving, so patient, so kind I love being related to you and being around you!
Post a Comment