Thursday, September 25, 2008

FALLing into Autumn


I love, love, LOVE, the Fall. It's my favorite time of year....I love the crisp air, the changing leaves, and the fruit stands that pop up everywhere! To me, Fall is a time for long walks through crunchy leaves, big soft, cozy sweatshirts, and homemade apple pie.


Yesterday we bought a box of honey crisp apples (if you haven't tried them yet, you're missing out) and a box of peaches to make peach freezer jam...which of course necessitates the need for homemade bread to put the lovely peach jam on....it doesn't get much better than that.

5 comments:

andreamichelle said...

Fall is my favorite time of year, and it always gives me this antsy feeling/desire to re-decorate my home to match my mood and the changing colors. I want to put wreaths up and change my bedspread to a beautiful fall color. It hasn't happened to me this year, yet, but that's probably because i'm not in my own house. I love fall.

Maleina said...

YUM! I love fall to except for the cold wind at 6 O'clock in the morning!

KristiKay said...

Yes, that's when I don't like it either...but look at us...we still go!

Jenni said...

Thanks for taking me along for the fun and passing some of your cooking skills down to me.

Emily said...

I hear ya, Kristi! Fall is my favorite season, too...I just wish it lasted a little longer! It seems the transition between the hotness of summer and the freezing winter is just too short!

Also, I'm right there with you on the Honeycrisp apples! I'd never tried them until just a week ago, and I'm in love! They are seriously the best! I went back to the store to get some today, but alas...I was too late! But, I'll be on the look-out from now on!