Monday, September 15, 2008

ODE to a sister-in-law


Did you know that the definition of an "ode" is: a kind of poem devoted to the praise of a person, animal, or thing and often expresses deep emotion? I didn't, but now I do....and if anyone deserves it, it's my sister-in-law, Nicole. Here goes (and please remember, I'm NOT a poet):
Someone who loves me and helps me with all,
the things that I do whether big or small.
Generous, funny, amazing, and kind,
my brother was lucky this beauty to find.
A place in the hearts of my kids she did make,
we'll love her forever, a bond that won't break.
Thank you , Nicole, for your warm, loving heart,
for all that you gave us, right from the start.
A special place in our family you have, don't you see?
I'm grateful for all that you've done for me.

3 comments:

andreamichelle said...

I knew Nicole in college, and I agree she is a pretty nice girl. :)

Nicolio said...

Kristi, you are a big reason that I love being me. You make me feel so special, you have invited me into your home from the moment you met me and I am forever in your debt for sharing things that are so dear to you. I love you and those sweet boys of yours, you are one of my best friends and I Thank You for all you have done to help me want to become better.

Life with the Warrens said...

what? not a poet? BAH! you are too a poet. If you weren't then we wouldn't be friends. I think you are so amazing to write that about your SIL when for some it takes years to love them the way you expressed.