Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Trip to Chicago












So here's a little recap of our trip.....


*driving all night, crabby kids, spending time with Grammy and Papa, COUSINS!, children's garden at the Morton Arboretum, parks!, splash pad, finding bugs in the backyard...lots of bugs, tears over a ruined sunflower broken by two mischievious kids, picking up Lincoln Logs...again and again and again, Chicago pizza, time with NaNa and TaTa, crabby kids, canoeing/swimming in the lake, driving Grandpa's mint green Thunderbird convertible, Portillo's, five kids under six , boat ride on Lake Michigan, crabby kids, holding new baby Austin, a bath in Nana's jacuzzi, missing Daddy, walking down Michigan Ave, happy kids, visiting the Lego store, sand box in the backyard, the Old Graue Mill, dressing up like pioneers, sword fighting, Steve's INCREDIBLE pasta, jumping on the trampoline at Aunt Lucy's, being with people we love love love, Nauvoo on a very rainy day, swimming in the hotel pool, getting the truckers to honk, Aunt Nicole headbanging, Sam singing Mama Mia, getting back to our Dad......


That pretty much sums it up! Thanks to my mom and dad for everything they did to make our trip lots of fun...and to everyone for being patient with our chaos....and to Spencer and Jay who were the very best of friends....we love you guys!

6 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

holy cow i didn't know that you were going to chicago! that sounded awesome. did you drive? and holy cow charlie(bucket) is getting so huge! your boys are little heartbreakers. i love them!

jana jacob said...

I've been waiting for this post...looks and sounds like pure fun! Okay, the crabby kids not so fun, but hey, they can be crabby at home...why not try it somewhere else for a bit? Can't wait to talk to you!

[Morgan] said...

sounds fun! well not the sunflower part.
i love the boys in their jerseys!

Keri said...

I am soooo glad you are back, I missed you. But I am soo happy for you to have such a wonderful vacation. The kids looked like they were having a blast. I agree, I love the soriano shirts. Cute, cute, cute. Love ya, Keri

andreamichelle said...

those are some very cute pictures of the boys. I'm glad you were able to go home and have some fun with family. I especially liked your quick recap of everything, :)

Emily said...

Kristi! Yay! I found your blog and your Chicago pictures are so cute! You really do have the makings for a photographer! I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm SOOOOO glad you're back, too! We missed you! Life's just not the same without you!