Watching my kids playing together, I was suddenly amazed at how old they're getting. How does time get away from us so quickly? My baby isn't a baby anymore....at 18 months he's big enough to look like a two-and-a-half year old, with his own opinions; he knows exactly what he wants. He says big words, like "blueberry", "hamburger", and "alligator"...and he even sings Mama Mia (you know, that old Abba song?). I don't know where the time went...it feels like yesterday that the doctor handed him to me and I realized I now had two children instead of one , thinking "how am I going to do this?". I'm constantly trying to remind myself that this is time I'll never get back...that when they are terrorizing my newly cleaned house, or throwing a tantrum with screams that may eventually cause deafness in my old age, that this is all the time I have with them. And I know I'll always miss how they run to my bed in the morning (even at 6am) and shower me with kisses and hugs saying "Let's go eat breakfast, Mom!", or sitting at the breakfast table with their hair all messy, dripping oatmeal all over themselves talking about how we want to spend our day together. These are the most precious moments life has to offer us...and though they may be some of the toughest, I know I wouldn't trade them for anything.
6 comments:
amen, sista.
I love Charlie. He's got the cutest little expressions. And you're so inspiring. Thanks!
That is so poetic! I too often think to myself...have patience, someday she won't climb in your lap anymore and then you will miss it so! We can't miss the chances as we have them for sure! Thanks for the reminder!
He is so not a baby anymore. It almost brings tears to my eyes to think of how fast they are growing!
I can't believe how big Charlie is! He's so cute! Thanks for this post...it's good to remember the "little" moments, especially on days when you think, "Is this my life...really!?"
makes you want another eh?
Post a Comment